McHenry, MD- The Garrett College Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is now accepting nomantions for the Class of 2018. The event will be held in the Garrett College CARC Gymnasium on October 27, 2018. The Garrett College Athletics Hall of Fame honors former student athletes, teams and others (including coaches, athletic trainers, staff, individuals or companies) whose sports achievement and character have reflected positively on the College and its Department of Athletics.
Criteria for Induction:
• As a student, the alum must have participated in at least one season of athletics at Garrett College and have been in good academic and disciplinary standing
• The athlete cannot be considered for at least five years after they participated
• Teams that exhibited exceptional levels of success and were exemplary representatives of Garrett College may be nominated
• An individual or company who has made special contribution(s) to the support, growth, popularity and/or community acceptance of the intercollegiate programming at Garrett College may be nominated
• Self-nominations are acceptable
• Nominations may be made in memory of an athlete
All nominations must be received by no later than August 17, 2018 to be considered for the current year's class.